The Safe-Xtract Soft Shackle is meant to be an interoperable element of the Safe-Xtract Momentum Xtraction Packs, Base Kits, and Xtreme kits, and it’s a great match with the Safe-Xtract Pulley Block of the same size (also available at Medical Points Abroad) as well as functioning nicely as a stand-alone Soft Shackle to complement any recovery equipment.
Soft shackles work well for attaching to recovery points that have radiused (or beveled) edges (you will want a metal shackle to attach to points with hard or sharp edges). The Safe-Xtract soft shackle features the following sizes (you should select the one needed for your vehicle recovery situation):
- SX-8000E: rope diameter of 1/4″ and a shackle length of 6 inches with a minimum breaking strength of 20,000 lbs
- SX-10000E: rope diameter of 5/16″ and a shackle length of 10 inches with a minimum breaking strength of 29,000 lbs
- SX-20000E: rope diameter of 7/16″ and a shackle length of 10 inches with a minimum breaking strength of 47,000 lbs (it also comes in a subdued color pattern)
- SX-30000E: rope diameter of 1/2″ and a shackle length of 10 inches with a minimum breaking strength of 62,600 lbs
- SX-40000E: rope diameter of 5/8″ and a shackle length of 18 inches with a minimum breaking strength of 102,500 lbs
- SX-50000E: rope diameter of 3/4″ and a shackle length of 18 inches with a minimum breaking strength of 137,000 lbs
While you should also have metal shackles (we recommend screw pin bow shackles), make sure you add a few soft shackles to your recovery bags. In most cases, you should have two to four soft shackles for the most versatility. Soft shackles can be used in just about every function of a safe and proper recovery.
Best Soft Shackle in the Market!
The design of this 7/16″ x 10″ Soft Shackle features unique characteristics that make it ideally suited for use in the Vehicle Recovery environment (compared to other standard soft shackles). These include:
- QUALITY FABRICATION: Constructed in the United States this Plasma synthetic line is stronger than steel cable of comparable diameter and more than 6 times lighter than the equivalent wire rope. This light shackle is so buoyant that it floats! It’s also Berry Amendment, Buy American Act compliant, and military-approved. Making soft shackles is not just about using low friction fiber, synthetic line, and a knot–rigging requires line strength to be tested and function performed. It comes factory load-tested. These extensively tested soft shackles to both verify strength rating and improve shackle strength out of the box.
- UV RESISTANT/WEATHERPROOF: The shackle boasts a proprietary fiber lock coating that is both durable and UV resistant. Since Plasma synthetic line does not absorb water, the shackle is perfect for use in wet or otherwise adverse weather conditions.
- GREEN LOADING POINTS: The finished shackle has green stripes that accentuate the area where the load should go, making it simple to understand how to utilize this shackle.
- SERIALIZED DATA TAG: The tag is made of high-quality materials and has a long lifespan. It includes critical safety information, such as the rope’s Minimal Tensile Strength, as well as a unique serial number that may be traced to every fabrication stage for verification. Even the same material can produce different ratings between batches–so each batch is individually tested and recorded for tracking purposes. Be wary of any equipment that does not list the minimum breaking strengths of the materials that make up the lines.
- MILITARY TESTED: Hundreds of Safe-Xtract Soft Shackles are already in use with US Military SOCOM units, where this design has been declared as a vehicle program of record component.
The Safe-Xtract Recovery App (Android and Apple iOS versions available) and the Safe-Xtract Training Program work with this Soft Shackle. Before field usage of any recovery equipment, including winch applications, users should be professionally trained – visit https://etservicesconsulting.com/offroad for more information.